You may think that to burn belly fat naturally, you need to eat only salads, water and fresh air. So today I’ve picked two delicious recipes that help you burn your belly fat, taste great and add a little wow factor to your meals.
First up from Gina Homolka at Skinny taste is honey-teriyaki salmon, a delicious dish I have made myself many times. Get wild Alaskan if you can, it’s the best choice or choose other fish like Tuna or even something like Tilapia will be fine, just experiment as most fish are fine but you may have your favorite.
By choosing fresh wild salmon (your best bet is wild Alaskan or Pacific) over farmed, you will likely be getting better quality, less-contaminated fish. However, the health benefits of eating farmed salmon far outweigh the health risks associated with not eating salmon at all; so if wild salmon is out of your budget, go for the farmed variety.
Servings: 4 • Size: 3 oz cooked salmon • Old Pts: 7 • Weight Watchers Points+: 7 pts
Calories: 266 • Fat: 9.3 g • Protein: 22.5 g • Carb: 19 g • Fiber: 0.1 g • Sugar: 13 g
Sodium: 502 mg
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- 3 tbsp mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 3 tbsp sake
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 lb fresh wild salmon fillet, cut in 4 pieces
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- …More at Honey-Teriyaki Salmon
Next up is Cajun Chicken Pasta, again from made with a little lighter ingredients than usual so you can enjoy great food and still watch those calories in versus calories out each day for continued fat loss.
You can make this with shrimp instead of chicken, or use a combination of both. Make this vegetarian by leaving the chicken out or replacing it with tofu and the chicken broth with vegetable broth. You can also make this gluten-free by using brown rice pasta and replacing the flour with 1 teaspoon of corn starch. Hope you enjoy!!
Cajun Chicken Pasta on the Lighter Side
Servings: 5 • Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 8 pts
Calories: 323.8 • Fat: 6.2 g • Protein: 25.9 g • Carb: 44.1 g • Fiber: 6.3 g • Sugar: 3.2 g
Sodium: 126.5 mg (without salt)
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine (I used Dreamfields)
- 1 pound chicken breast strips
- 1-2 tsp Cajun seasoning (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp light cream cheese
- fresh cracked pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped
- salt to taste
- Smart Balance cooking spray
Prep all your vegetables. In a small blender make a slurry by combining milk, flour and cream cheese. Set aside. Season chicken generously with Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and salt….More at Cajun Chicken Pasta
Two delicious dishes for you to try out this weekend. You can swap out the black rice in the first recipe for a mixture of whole grain brown rice mixed 4 to 1 with some wild rice. The wholegrain rice has a lovely nutty flavor while the wild rice looks and tastes quite special with this dish. And for the second dish stick with wholemeal pasta as I find it much better tasting, fills you up more so you eat less and has a far better nutrition profile.
Remember: To burn belly fat naturally fast, stay away from white foods (flour, pasta, rice, bread etc) and go for the wholemeal version for long term health and weight loss. And if your keen to understand more on why whole grain is much better for you than white, get my free report which gives you all the details and a look at what my personal food shopping list looks like—> Click Here.
More Reading Below:
- Pistachio Cinnamon Chicken Salad
- Easy Muscle-Building Chili
- Recipes for Health: Mixed Greens Galette With Onions and Chickpeas — Recipes for Health
- Well: Winter Fruit Desert Recipes
- Taste and Tell: Slow-Cooker Vegetable and Chickpea Curry
- Protein Packed Holiday Smoothies That Burn Fat All Day Long!